Recently my favouritest hobby has been fishing. Fishing, fishing fishing. Mmmm fishing. I like it.
It’s a pretty cool hobby, I say hobby, because I’m pretty reluctant to call anything that mainly involves chilling out with beer, sunshine, and beautiful surroundings a sport. Sports involve sweating, bodily odours, and people with far too much testosterone (including the ladies). Fishing is exactly the opposite. It’s relaxing, BO free, and at the end of it you get to take home a lovely fish for dinner if you’re lucky. The one thing that has somewhat blunted my passion for it is the fact that apparently the fishing community frowns on the use of harpoon guns. I really can’t see why. Oh, that and hooking yourself, which I do at least once every fishing trip. It really hurts. Really, really, hurts.
Some visual proof of my love of fish hunting.
I love fishing, fishing, fishing.
Of course in order to catch any fish it is necessary to sing the tradition Olde English fishing song, it goes along the lines of ‘fishie fishie fishie, I’m gonna catch ya, I’m gonna kill ya, I’m gonna eat ya etc etc. Here’s is my brother demonstrating some of the dance moves that go with it.
Here I attempt to use the little practised technique of ‘cool’ing the fish straight out of the water and onto the bank through sheer intimidation and personal presence.
And it’s not just blokes who like fishing either, my lovely girlfriend Nat really took to it, much to my utter amazement and happiness.
Here’s one I caught earlier:
Anyways, enough about fishing for now.
In Other News of Other Things
1. I really wish blog.com would just sort it’s arse out. There’s forever things going wrong, like me being locked out and half the pictures above being without frames and captions. Anger! Sort it out!
2. Spammers love me. No, Spammers REALLY love me. I’m constantly touched by them leaving their comments, letting me know they read the Blog. Check out their comments, maybe even leave a few of your own. You Spammers are great, you make me feel special. When I wake up in the morning with a thirst for whisky it’s you guys who help me hold out ’til 10am. I love you Spammers.
3. Slightly worried by some of the search terms people use to get here. “Emo boobs” I can understand, everyone likes breasts, and someone out there has to like emos. But “Emma Tapson”? Tapski, if that wasn’t you, then you’ve definitely got a stalker.
4. I just want to say thank you to Chuck Palahniuk for sending me my awesome Fight Club t-shirt so quickly, and with 2 lots of free stickers and a hat too. You are one cool dude Chuck Palahniuk. Not quite Chuck Norris cool, but cool all the same.
5. I’m currently dreaming of the camping trip in a week’s time. Sometimes the dreams are nightmares. Ok, quite a lot of the time they are.
6. Emma, stop passwording your blogs! I can barely remember my main passwords, let alone any new ones!
7. I’m really getting into Florence + the Machine. Who’d a thunk it?